One of the most popular and useful items for any self-respecting glamor girl is lipstick. Lipstick has had quite an interesting history throughout the years and some of the facts may shock you. Here are just some of those facts that will make you look at that stick of color in a purse in a different light.
- At one time, the makeup item was banned in some countries and highly frowned upon in others, due to the fact that they were closely associated with prostitution. This actually was true during the times of the Greeks, where red lipstick indicated that a woman was a prostitute. One of the countries that attempted to ban lipstick was England, in 1650 to rid “the vice of painting”.
- Elizabeth Taylor, in an attempt to appear as glamorous as possible while on the set, forbade female personnel from wearing lipstick while she was working.
- Queen Elizabeth II had her own specific shade made for her coronation. It was called the Balmoral Lipstick and was a shade of red-blue.
- During WWII, the only cosmetic product to not be rationed in England was lipstick, due to “good morale” that it produced.
- In the Roman Empire, being able to have lipstick meant that you were of a higher status. Even men wore the product to show off their wealth.
- Finally, about 80% of women in America wear lipstick, according to a study taken in the mid-2000s.
Stars from the past like Elizabeth Taylor and Marilyn Monroe to the contemporary celebrities of today such as Dakota Fanning, Emma Watson and Holly Madison are never without a piece of Louis Vuitton luggage. Whether traveling on short and long distances stints, take along an authentic Louis Vuitton Monogram Alize Poches Travel Bag. This one will do the trick to pack everything needed for a getaway.
The LV luggage is crafted the durable Louis Vuitton monogram canvas with Vachetta leather trim that runs along the perimeter of the case. Its will will never get lost in a luggage carousel.
The used LV Louis Vuitton suitcase contains two rolled leather handles making for an easy carry. It has attached to the handle a removable leather luggage tag. Carry it on the shoulder too via a removable canvas shoulder strap.
The pre-owned LV Alize Poches can take a lot of travel punishment. There are dual top zippers with gold tone LV engraved pulls.
All vacation necessities can be accommodated easily in its large compartment. A tan linen-like fabric lining is utilized and there a huge wall flat open pocket for extra storage.
The authentic Louis Vuitton Monogram Alize Poches Travel Bag is the one piece of luggage that will make the traveler proud for convenience and beauty,