Most of time a little bit of makeup usually helps a woman feel more confident and attractive. However, some cosmetics can cause problems can make one feel ill.
- Chemicals found in shower gel, eye shadow, lipstick and soaps have been linked to severe allergic reactions in some women. Even a minor reaction on sensitive skin can be burdensome.
- Any rash, irritation or itching could be due to dangerous chemical ingredients in the product, so check the label and particularly avoid phenoxyethanol, benzene, lanolin, parabens and formaldehyde.
- Experts believe that humans can absorb around 60% of everything placed on the skin. Products such as mascara and eye shadow, can enter or system through the soft membranes covering the delicate skin around the eyes. Perfume and hairsprays can be inhale and lipstick without realizing it can have an oral intake.
- Many substances are permitted as they are used at low doses and perform a vital role. The cosmetics industry insisted that toxins are used at levels well within the safety limits but some experts claim that there are still some concerns over the accumulative effect of multiple products or long term use.
- Check any labels before buying make-up and other beauty products. Especially for sensitive types, opt for one of the many ranges of products which use only natural, non-toxic ingredients.