Those seeking the 'fountain of youth' pamper their faces with creams, ointments and lotions to keep it wrinkle free and glowing. But there’s one area that tends to be ignored and can instantly give the age away. The culprit is the jaw line and neck.
The skin here is very delicate leading to deep lines and creases. These marks appear as the skin loses its natural elasticity and gravity takes its toll, pulling the skin downwards and causing wrinkles. But this ageing effect can be easily resolved to be supple and young looking. Include the neck in daily skincare routine and a difference will take place.
- Gently exfoliate to remove the dead skin and improve circulation and use a rich moisturizer, smoothing it in an upwards motion instead of dragging it downwards.
- Correct the posture as to not rumple the neck.
- After cleansing, place fingers under cheekbones and massage in circular movements. Carefully lift and hold the skin for the count of five and move the fingers along the cheekbones to hairline.
- Then, starting at the chin, massage along the jaw, again in a circular motion, this time gently pinching the skin and you move along your jaw line to your ears.
- Massage is optimum for keeping the skin firm and taut with adding essential oils. Use a rose or sandalwood based oil as either will help smooth out wrinkles and has anti-aging properties.