Every part of the body contains water. Water helps regulate the body temperature, transports oxygen to the cells and protects joints and organs.
Due to excessive heat or by just by not drinking enough liquids leads to dehydration. Symptoms of dehydration do vary and can include joint and muscle pain anywhere on the body, headaches, constipation and of course, being thirsty.
Water is probably the best choice for rehydration as it is refreshing, and calorie-free. Sometimes though, drinking it all day long can become a little boring. There are others items that contain enough water to consider adding to the diet that can hydrate an individual just as well.
These foods are low in calories, yet they take up more space in the stomach, making one feeling fuller. This works two-fold for not only hydrating the body but helping shed off a few pounds. Add these items to a summer meal and stay hydrated for the course of the day.
- Cucumbers contains 96% water
- Watermelon contains 96% water
- Pineapple contains 95% water
- Blueberries contain 95% water
- Celery contains 95% water
- Lettuce contains 95% water
- Tomatoes contain 94% water
- Cantaloupes contains 92% water
- Broccoli contains 91% water
- Grapefruits contains 90% water
- Pears contains 89% water
- Carrots contains 87% water
- Apples contains 84% water