The Do's of Buying Pre-Owned Handbags
- Make sure that the site is reputable. There are a lot of sites out there that say they are authentic when they are not! Do research on the company. Check the Better Business Bureau reviews. Google the site. Find a toll free number and call the company to make sure someone answers the phone.
- Look at all the pictures listed for the bag you want. LuxeDH goes to great lengths to ensure that the photographs of each handbag capture every angle, corner, zipper, pocket, piece of leather, etc. Make sure that you look at the photograph with a mannequin to know if the bag is the right size for you.
- Find the authenticity code for most bags that you want to buy. Remember that some handbags are very vintage and might not come with an authenticity code. Some pre-owned Chanel's that were manufactured a long time ago did not come with authenticity codes.
- Read the description of the handbag you want to purchase. It is important to note that pre-owned bags are gently loved, so make sure to note the condition before making your purchase. Most of the handbags LuxeDH has listed are in excellent condition and we are very upfront about describing the condition of every bag on our site.
- Do research on what the best bag is for you. The most popular styles, like the Louis Vuitton Speedy and Neverfull, are classics, but you may want something more distinct, like a Louis Vuitton Tivoli or Galliera. There are different shapes, sizes, colors and materials for every designer, so make sure the one you order is the one you want. Celebrity trends will show you the latest handbag craze!
The Dont's of Buying Pre-Owned Handbags
- Don't be fooled by fakes! Contact LuxeDH to make sure that what you are buying is authentic.
- Don't be tricked by low prices. If the price looks too good to be true, then it probably is! Low prices usually indicate a fake site. A Chanel should never sell for under $ 300.
- Don't be shy to ask questions about the handbag site you find online.
- Don't forget that pre-owned bags will be less than retail prices, because they are pre-loved.
- Don't forget that most sites have a way for you to sell your own bags for cash. This will allow you to free up space in your closet and put money in your wallet for your next handbag purchase!
Each designer handbag that we receive is inspected by 2 authenticity experts before it is sold. Our authenticators have been trained to inspect bags to ensure that it has the correct materials, hardware, lining, lettering & embossing, codes, cards, packaging and features.
If you have any questions about our products, we exclusively recommend the services of My Poupette. They are the oldest and most reliable independent authentication service, working with companies such as eBay, PayPal, insurance companies, and police departments online since 1999.
As a purchaser of a designer handbag, it is also important for you to become knowledgeable about the authentication process of designer handbags.
Reference our designer handbag authentication experts through our customer service channels if you have any questions regarding how to authenticate a designer handbag.
Finally, feel free to take it to the designer, or utilize the services of My Poupette. We highly encourage this practice anytime you buy a designer handbag online.
Many boutiques selling designer handbags offer a free authentication of their designer handbag brand.
Roberto and Margie Szerer, who have a combined 30 years of experience in branded consumer products, share a passion for luxury lifestyle brands. After discovering that many of their friends had closets full of rarely used designer purses, they recognized an opportunity to offer authentic designer handbags at affordable prices to handbag lovers.
Roberto and Margie have a proven track record developing worldwide distribution networks for consumer products with companies like Disney, Warner and Mattel, to name a few.
Roberto and Margie envisioned an online, affordable boutique for women, who want the one product that never gets old: handbags become vintage. They know that designer handbags are a way of life. A simple handbag is a fashion statement – it shows your individual style.
A team of highly skilled passionate professionals to make authentic luxury handbags available at affordable prices was brought together to make LuxeDH (short for Luxe Designer Handbags), America’s Top Site for authentic pre-owned designer handbags.
Each member of the team dedicates their full effort to ensure that every single bag is certified authentic. Nehama and Kim – bag lovers and authenticity experts – have a combined fifteen plus years experience in the authentication process. Their ability to spot a fake should make all of our customers confident that they are buying the real deal!
Roberto, Margie, Jaime, Kim and the entire family at LuxeDH make it a priority for your shopping experience to be enjoyable, affordable and completely safe!
We appreciate you visiting our site!