Choosing the right lipstick is easy to identify if sticking to several simple rules.
- Nude is the best shade to choose in a lipstick when pushing the focus towards the eyes (ex: a heavily-smoked eye makeup).
- Shades of red will make teeth appear whiter.
- To make fuller lips appear slightly thinner, a deeper shade of lip color will assist. A lighter shade helps to make lips appear fuller.
Skin tone is something to be considered choosing lip colors, since the facial skin is the backdrop. Avoid hues close to skin tone since they make the face look washed out.
- Reds include scarlet or crimson, fuchsia, and warmer browns are best for fair pink-tone skin. Another option is purples and wine tones.
- Scarlet or brick-red, peachy tones bronze or gold browns, and burgundy enhances fair, yellow-toned skin.
- Blue tone reds, coral berry tones, such as blackberry work well for olive-toned skin types.
- Reds include Crimson and raspberry, magenta and fuchsia, brick-browns, coral burgundy, berry and plum are ideal for dark skin.