Even during the lazy, hazy days of summer, there is still hope to get back in shape or remain so.

The following five sizzling tips are realistic to follow. They can be used all year round, and reaps long term benefits to maintain proper weight, with an added bonus of good health.

Exercise portion control

The stomach is only approximately the size of a fist. Never exceed that size of portions during any meal.

Be a 80/20

Splurging once in a while is fine. Use the portion control method 80% of the time and allow for a slightly more relaxed approach for the remaining 20%. This relaxed period adjusts for those summer barbeques, dinner parties or a weekend on the town.

Slow it down

By chewing slowly, makes it easier to not only digest food properly but gives a feeling of being full.

Drink water

Between meals and with meals, water satisfies the thirst, helps avoid dehydration from  heat, and fills the stomach with no added calories

Easy substitutions

Swap the white bread, pasta, rice and other starchy foods for wholegrain. Forego the milk chocolate and treat yourself with a small piece of dark as an alternative.

Skip the Pina Coladas, Cuba Libres, and other heavy handed summer drinks. Sub with a white wine spritzer or a vodka and soda.

Finally remember, the only real secret to lose or maintain weight is to eat less and move more. Don't fall for fad diets.

The authentic Louis Vuitton Monogram Canvas Monogram Viva-Cite GM Bag combines modern convenience with the charm of a classic Louis Vuitton handbag. The used bag is crafted in the LV signature monogram canvas and natural cowhide trim is set by its shiny gold tone hardware.

With its distinctive split two outside flap pockets with snap closures, the flap partially covers a portion of the pockets, giving it a more graceful look rather than that of a utility bag.

The leather shoulder strap is adjustable and allows the user to wear the pre-owned Louis Vuitton several ways, thus making this roomy bag makes it ideal for every day.

The top zip opens up to soft and luxurious alcantara lining in raspberry red. With as much space that can be needed, the Viva-Cite GM adds even more functionality with two flat open pockets.

Stay in great shape this summer, winter, spring or fall with an authentic Louis Vuitton Monogram Canvas Viva-Cite GM Bag.